wheres the queen mosquito?? if i beat her ass all the other ones die right?? how many health bars does she have?
Batman v Superman
- Sophie: You're gonna die. You're just gonna die. I can't breathe.
- Me: ??
- Sophie: My dad comes up to me just now [in Russian Accent]... "Sofia... you hear of this Batman vs. Superman movie?" I say "yes.." He's like "tell me why is it versus, are they gonna fight each other? Cuz I don't like that." I say "no daddy they're best friends, they aren't gonna fight each other." And he is like "Good. Cuz even though I hate Batman movies I don't want them to fight each other. that would make me sad." and he continues "I like Superman movies. It's always out in nature and beautiful visage, but Batman, he's always in like... toilet water."
- Me: lmaooooooooooooooooooooooo
- Sophie: I shat myself. He's like "Sofia why you laugh? I not make joke. Tell me why this Batman obsessed with plumbing. And sewage." Help me I cannot breathe.
- Me: I thought of this pic and I fucking died: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-iTwjUYL9B80/Tyw274skw4I/AAAAAAAABmo/HTyLs9R0s5o/s1600/batmanbloodbath.png
- Sophie: "this Batman is always in like...toilet water" in his accent. Lord help me. And he's like "why it always dark and raining around Batman? I no like it. It depressing. Superman at least smiles in the nature and sunshine. Batman Why you love zis toilet vater so much?
- Me: I'm fucking crying
- Sophie: He looks at me dead faced and says "Sofia why you laughing so hard? I'm serious it's true." I'm like "yo daddy, that's why I'm laughing, because it's true.
- Sophie: I just texted my dad that photo. I'm gonna go to his room now and see if he got the text and I'll transcribe you his reaction.
- Me: I'm so glad.
- Sophie: I will never forget my dad coming into my room at midnight just to ask me why The Batman is obsessed with toilet water.
- Sophie: "SEE I TOLD YOU! IT'S ALWAYS A TOILET!" My dad likes Superman because of his beautiful landscapes. My dad does not like depressing toilets. Now when I read Batman I will always count the number of toilets. I will never unhear my dad's words. An outsider's perspective is amazing.
- The US Government: We're not going to make it federally mandatory for people to get paid a wage they can actually live off of
- The US Government: If people want to make a living, they'll just have to work 16+ hours a day
- The US Government: And if their kids end up disenfranchised because of a lack of parental involvement, well that's not our problem
- The US Government: In fact, what is our problem is creating a system that will funnel these disenfranchised youth into our prison system so they can work for corporations (that promise us money) for damn near free
- The US Government: If they don't want to fall victim to this system, then they can seek higher education
- The US Government: Except such an education will be inaccessible to most disenfranchised people and skewed in favor of the financially stable and white people
- The US Government: And we're not going to make intervention programs like sex education and conflict resolution federally mandatory, because that's the parent's job
- The US Government: The parent who is working 16 hours a day
hermione & her boys
OKAY NO LET ME EXPLAIN YOU A THING.
My ENTIRE CHILDHOOD, this is what I imagined Hermione looked like. A curly haired girl of color who looked something like me, who had a hard time making friends like me because she was intelligent and sometimes she thought too much and didn’t have a problem losing herself in a book. I even ARGUED, tooth and nail with the other students in my class about my headcanon and questioned why she COULDN’T look like me, what was wrong with her looking like me, and why they felt she HAD to be white.
When I found out she wasn’t thanks to the movies, there was a kind of disconnect from her character, and the way I closed that disconnect was to ignore canon and keep picturing her as someone like me. I stopped talking about my headcanon to avoid arguments and name calling and teasing, but I never ever let go of the idea of a POC Hermione.
So to the artist, THANK YOU FOR DRAWING MY HERMIONE.
denny’s reminds you to behave accordingly at this weekend’s festivities. we also remind you that after you’re all con-ed out, we’d love to see your costumes and serve you late into the night. cosplayers are welcome at dencon 24/7.
Damn, Denny’s, you guys are doing it right.
apparently some guy named mark was trying to tell my mom he needed to speak with my dad about any financial transactions my mom was making because he was the man of the house and she did not take kindly to his implying that my dad was the primary breadwinner/person in charge in our family so